8 Strategies for improvement
6 Questions to challenge yourself
These are the 8 areas in which research suggests leaders of schools in challenging circumstances can make a real difference.
- Focus on learning and teaching
- Generate positive relationships
- Provide a clear vision and high expectations
- Improve the physical environment
- Provide time and opportunities for collaboration
- Distribute leadership and build teams
- Engage the community
- Evaluate and innovate
And the key questions for each of these:
- In our school, what do we do already?
- What else could we do?
- What should we stop doing?
- Why are these changes important?
- What impact will they have on learning?
- How will we know?