HOT TOPICS THIS WEEK: #SEL # WEBINAR #SALZBURG #FUTUREREADYSKILLS #A
My Weekly Top 5 Monday 18th March
The things that caught my biased eye since last week.
Remember- this is biased- it’s the things that caught my attention in the last week. The things I share on social, bookmark and ponder as potentially significant or intriguing.
0. MDR Insights: Education Market Information and Trends
Latest edition is focused on…guess what? Social and Emotional Skills referring to this as ‘ a growing trend in schools’ and notes a ‘shift from the guidance office to the classroom’.
State of the K-12 Market 2018 reports are essential reading for a thorough and up-to-date understanding of the market, and offer key takeaways for companies and organizations who provide products and services to K-12 schools in the U.S.
Read the State of the market 2018 report here
- SAVE YOUR SPOT: March 20th Webinar Social and Emotional Skills To coincide with the release of Emotion and Cognition in the Age of AI + the release of the Salzburg Global Statement on SEL + the UN Day International Happiness Day , MSFT has sponsored an Education Week Webinar.
Register and share here
- SALZBURG GLOBAL SEMINAR Social and Emotional Learning: Time for Action
This event held last week bought together policy makers, academics, practioners, experts from across the globe and had a particular focus on students living in complex, violent, mobile situates in conflict zones.
Microsoft was both a sponsor, co-chair, and working-group lead across the event.
Find out more
- Finland, Switzerland and New Zealand lead the way at teaching skills for the future: Find out what the future skills needed are (hint: The Class of 2030 calls them out)
Finland is the world leader at the provision of future skills education, according to the Worldwide Educating for the Future Index (WEFFI), which is now in its second year, closely followed by Switzerland.
Find out more here
- THE ROLE OF EDUCATION IN AI AND VICE VERSA Interview with Jennifer Rexford, Princeton.
Princeton’s head of computer science, Jennifer Rexford, explains how artificial intelligence is set to change not only what teachers teach but how they teach.
Read it here
Past editions of the LIVEFIVE on my blog www.sparvell.com PLUS my curated research articles on Modern Classrooms (physical spaces )
See you in around
Marketing Education Leader