LIMITED FREE BOOK OFFER
Are you new to 1:1 and not sure what questions to ask or what actions to take?
Or have you had a 1:1 initiative for 2, 3, or more years? If you have, are you achieving your 1:1 vision and goals? Do your teachers have a shared understanding of what these are?
Are your learners using their 1:1 devices to learn in ways they could not do before? Or are they using their laptops and tablets mainly for research – or not using them at all?
AALF’s new book, #AnytimeAnywhereLearners, is not only the best guide you can find for schools and districts starting a 1:1 initiative, but it’s also an INVALUABLE TOOL if you are a school that is already 1:1 and you recognize the need to revitalize your initiative. It will help you ask the questions you need to ask to ensure your students are getting the learning benefits you envisioned
AALF is making the Kindle (e-book) version of #AnytimeAnywhereLearners available on Amazon for FREE for 2 DAYS ONLY – June 1st and 2nd, 2016.*
This is the complete book, not an abbreviated edition and is available to any school or school district that may benefit from this resource, whether they are AALF members or not. Please feel free to share this email with other educators who you believe will benefit from this offer.
REMEMBER THESE DATES: June 1st and June 2nd.
Susan and Bruce
Bruce Dixon, President
Susan Einhorn, Executive Director
1. FREE ONLINE COMMUNITY OF PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE
Principal Network is an Online Community of Practice dedicated to educational leaders.
They provide the tools, resources and communication platforms to nurture, develop and sustain educational professionals internationally. Filled with great content and the tools to build your own community.
2. A List of 16 Websites All Teachers Should Know About….Do You Agree?
3. What is happening across Australian education sectors by state and territory?
- Department of Education news page – http://education.gov.au/news
- Department of Education WA http://det.wa.edu.au/edenews/detcms/portal/
- Education Department of Vic http://www.education.vic.gov.au/about/news/Pages/default.aspx
- NSW Education Department http://www.dec.nsw.gov.au/about-us/news-at-det/news
- Queensland Education Department http://education.qld.gov.au/
- Department for Education and Child Development SA http://www.decd.sa.gov.au/mediacentre/
- Department of Education Tas http://www.education.tas.gov.au/Pages/default.aspx
- AITSL http://www.aitsl.edu.au/media/publications/publications.html
- Australian Maths Teachers Association http://www.aamt.edu.au/News
- Australian Association for the Teaching of English http://www.aate.org.au/mediareleases.php?page_id=47
- Australian Geography Teachers Association http://www.agta.asn.au/News/index.php
- Australian Council for Computers in Education http://acce.edu.au/news
- Australian Government News http://australia.gov.au/news-and-media/social-media/rss-feeds
- ABC News Service http://www.abc.net.au/services/rss/programs.htm#education
- Australian Communication and Media Authority http://www.acma.gov.au/theACMA/Newsroom/Newsroom/rss
- Cyber safety website http://www.cybersmart.gov.au/News%20Feed.aspx
- Australian Coucil of Educational Research http://research.acer.edu.au/aer/recent.rss
- Australian journal of teaching http://ro.ecu.edu.au/ajte/recent.rss
- Department of Education NT http://www.education.nt.gov.au/rss/rss-feeds
- Department of Education ACT http://www.det.act.gov.au/rss_feeds/whats_new
- Australian Science Teachers Association http://asta.edu.au/blog/view/rss/blogId/1
- Australian History Teachers Association http://www.historyteacher.org.au/?feed=rss2
- Australian Council for Health, Physical Education and Recreation http://www.achper.org.au/associationnews/rss